Matt's practice areas include patent, trademark, and copyright law with particular focus on patent acquisition, licensing, and litigation support. Matt’s patent experience includes the preparation and prosecution of patent applications, validity and infringement opinions, and appeals to the Patent Trial and Appeal Board of the USPTO. His practice has encompassed a wide range of hardware and software technologies used in processing, storage, and networking systems.
Matt has frequently counseled clients regarding commercialization and protection of patents and other intellectual property assets. He has substantial experience evaluating and negotiating technology license agreements.
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- University of New Mexico School of Law, J.D., 1998
- University of New Mexico, B.S., Electrical Engineering, 1995
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Austin Intellectual Property Law Association
- Texas Bar Association
- Delizio Gilliam, Attorney, 2014-2015, Austin, TX
- IBM, Senior Counsel, 2007-2014, Austin, TX
- Dillon & Yudell, Counsel, 2003-2007, Austin, TX
- Rogers Towers, Associate Attorney, 2002-2003, Jacksonville, FL
- Bracewell Patterson, Associate Attorney, 2001-2002, Austin, TX
- Felsman, Bradley, Gunter & Dillon, Associate Attorney, 1998-2001, Austin, TX