Rod is a registered patent attorney who practices intellectual property law with a focus on computer related technologies, in particular complex software. Prior to law school, Rod worked for sixteen years as a software engineer and senior consultant. In those roles, he gained expertise in a wide range of technologies including interactive computer graphics, networking, operating systems, databases, client-server computing and object oriented programming. During his legal career, he has often been relied upon to set an impression for new clients, train new associates, and handle special projects.
Rod is a contributing author to the treatise "Electronic and Software Patents: Law and Practice", published by BNA Books. Rod is licensed to practice in Minnesota and is a member of the Intellectual Property Law Section of the American Bar Association and the Computer Law Section of the Minnesota State Bar Association.
- United States Patent and Trademark Office
- William Mitchell College of Law, J.D. (Magna Cum Laude), 1993, Giles S. Rich Intellectual Property Moot Court Competition
- St. Olaf College, B.A., Computer Science/Mathematics
Professional Associations and Memberships
Intellectual Property Law Section of the American Bar Association
Computer Law Section of the Minnesota State Bar Association
Delizio Gilliam/DeLizio Law, Attorney, 2010-2018, Minneapolis, MN
- Schwegman Lundberg Woessner, Associate, 1998-2010, Minneapolis, MN
- Lee Data/Apertus, Software Engineer and Senior Consultant, 1987-1998, Austin, TX