Melissa provides support on intellectual property matters, invoices, and special projects. She has many years of experience supporting in-house attorneys and assisting law firm attorneys with the various legal forms, procedures, and requirements of the USPTO. She is often enlisted to assist clients with their systems and helping support clients. Melissa began her career at IBM where she supported the head of the Austin IP Law Department, Site Counsel, and several attorneys. Carefully monitoring attorney dockets, she worked closely with inventors and outside counsel to ensure deadlines were met. Melissa assisted on many due diligence projects and trained new hires.
- University of Mary Hardin-Baylor, Basic undergraduate courses, 1993-1995
- Lee & Hayes, Paralegal, 2014-2015, Austin, TX
- IBM, Patent Prosecution Legal Assistant, 2007-2014, Austin, TX
- IBM, Administrative Assistant, 2006-2007, Austin, TX
- PSBC WEE School, Preschool Teacher, 1995-2006, Austin, TX